Things to do in Houston with Kids
Here is Kid Fun’s list of THINGS TO DO IN HOUSTON with kids through the month of October.
You can always count on Kid Fun to share ideas of things to do with your babies, toddlers, and children every day of the week. Kid Fun shares places to go each day, special events and activities, kid friendly businesses, and lots more. Kid Fun has ideas on things to do today, tomorrow, this week, and this weekend.
Houston is a big city, and it’s full of events and activities for the entire family. I’ve compiled a list of things for you and your family to enjoy this week and this weekend. Kid Fun is the place to go to find fun family activities in Houston along with free activities for kids. There are lots of Houston events taking place right now. You should be able to find something to do with all age groups including babies, toddlers, children, and older kids. I hope that you enjoy the list full of cheap things to do, fun things to do, and free things to do.
The Kid Fun website is also a great resource for kid friendly businesses, museums, indoor play places, field trip ideas, summer camps, things to do this summer, kid friendly restaurants, kids eat free ideas, date night ideas, splash pads, parks, fire stations, etc. You can count on Kid Fun to give you ideas for today, tomorrow, this week, and this weekend.
Things to do with kids in Houston every day of the week
Please browse the Kid Fun website and Facebook page for things to do on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have dedicated posts that share ideas for each day of the week.
Special things to do in Houston during October:
1. Visit one of our favorite pumpkin farms
2. Miller Outdoor Theater is playing a ton of free shows this month. There are free children’s performances at 11am on October 10, 13, 19, and 24. There are free evening performances on October 6, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, and 31.
3. The Houston Zoo if FREE on Tuesday, October 4 from noon until close.
4. The Children’s Museum hosts a Mommy Mingle on the first Wednesday of each month, and it will be on Wednesday, October 5 at 10am.
5. Discovery Green is hosting the Fiddle Festival on Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8.
6. The Chappelhill Scarecrow Festival is October 8, 9.
7. Watch the Octonauts live at the Revention Music Center at 5pm on Sunday, October 9.
8. The Main Street Theater is playing Ducks for President. Get your tickets now for a performance. It is playing through October 29.
9. Join the Houston Zoo for ZOO BOO on October 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, and 30.
10. The Fulshear Scarecrow Festival is October 15, 16.
11. The Kingwood Festival is Saturday, October 15.
12. The Korean Festival is Saturday, October 15 at Discovery Green.
13. The Houston Fire Festival is Saturday, October 15 at 10am.
14. The Nature Discovery Center is hosting their Pumpkin Patch event on Saturday, October 15 and Sunday, October 16.
15. The Buffalo Bayou Kids Day is Saturday, October 15.
16. The Memorial City Mall is hosting a Kidtastic event on Wednesday, October 19 at 10am.
17. The Katy ER Clinic is hosting a Teddy Bear Clinic on Wednesday, October 19 at 3pm.
18. West U is hosting their full moon festival on Friday, October 21 at 5:30 pm.
19. The Lego Kids Fest is taking place on October 21, 22, and 23.
20. The Houston Museum of Natural Science in Sugar Land is hosting Tricks, Treats and T-Rex on October 22 and 29.
21. Discovery Green is hosting Scream on the Green on Friday, October 28 at 6pm.
22. The Quillian Center is hosting their Great Pumpkin Hunt on Friday, October 28 at 6pm.
23. The Cinco Ranch Fall Festival is October 28, 29.
24. Old Town Spring is hosting a Trick or Treat event on Saturday, October 29 at 12pm.
25. Discovery Green is hosting the Egyptian Festival on Saturday, October 29.
26. The Sugar Land Town Square is hosting Halloween Town on Sunday, OCtober 30 from 4-8pm.
27. Join the Memorial City Mall on Halloween Night at 5pm for Spooktacular.
28. Join City Center on Halloween night at 5pm for Trick or Treating.
Things to do in Houston every week:
1. The Meyerland Chick-fil-A offers a free story time every Monday at 9:30am.
2. The Houston Arboretum is offering Tyke Hikes every Monday at 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. from September 12 to December 12.
3. Discovery Green is offering free Tyke Hikes every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. from September 6 to October 25.
4. The Nature Discovery Center offers a free story time every Wednesday at 4pm.
5. The Aquarium is offering Super Saturdays where you can buy one pass and get one free.
6. Enjoy the museums for FREE every Thursday. Get the details here.
7. Enjoy the Family Comedy & Magic Show at the Improv. It runs every other Saturday at 2pm. It’s perfect for the entire family.
Follow Kid Fun Houston:
Please check out the Kid Fun Houston website, Facebook group, and subscribe to receive our emails.
Have a great week and a wonderful weekend.